Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Just a quick update

Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Today, I had my second visit with the Children at Dakota Woodland’s Women’s Shelter sharing my platform Music: The Building Blocks of Education. The craft for the day was Kazoo’s which we made out of toilet paper rolls. The kids were able to decorate their instrument with all different types of stickers including some in the shape of musical notes. Add a piece of wax paper, a rubber band and a few holes and they had their very own kazoo! Some of the kids I met last week returned, and brought the jingle bracelets they had made last time. After our craft we made our own band with the kazoos, drums, cymbals, shakers and a whistle. One of the other volunteers, Josh, who helping out started to sing for the kids, and then it was my turn. I asked the kids if they knew a song they could sing along, and we all decided on “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” Instead of singing we decided to rap it! I wish I had my video camera because the kids were just hysterical. Next week’s craft… I’m thinking guitars made out of milk cartons!

Miss Lakeville Pageant 2009
I met the current Miss Lakeville, Morgan Berg, at my Minnesota Queens for a Cure event in May. She joined my team and walked the 5K. I was so excited when I was invited to sing at Miss Lakeville not only to perform but also to see Morgan again! The theme for this year’s pageant was “I’ve Got the Music in Me” and the director asked if I would speak on behalf of my platform, Music: The Building Blocks of Education. Miss Lakeville had 12 contestants this year, and each girl has something different to offer. I was so happy that I was not a judge! During intermission I was able to catch up with Tricia Eisen (who competed in Miss Twin Cities) and her mom. Tricia and I both go to school in Boston, and she is doing amazing things with her music career. Keep an eye out for her album, because this girl is extremely talented. I also caught up with the newly crowned Miss Eagan Ambassadors, to ask how their first week of royalty was going! The second half of the pageant I had to watch from backstage. During this time I was able to catch up with Miss Lakeville Morgan Berg and her two princesses. Torrie, 2nd Lakeville Princess, and I played soccer together back in the day. It is crazy to see both of us wearing crowns on our heads when just a few years ago we were sporting soccer cleats and shin guards. This was my first time meeting Kaley, 1st Lakeville Princess, but we hit it off right away! As I waited backstage reviewing my lyrics the Lakeville Royalty were reviewing as well. They have to memorize their farewell speeches and deliver them center stage! Thank goodness Miss Minnesota tapes her farewell ☺

I was able to talk to the audience about my platform, and share my musical journey. I performed one of my favorite songs (I was actually considering doing this for my talent before I found “Somebody to Love”). The song is called “Gold” by Linda Eder.

*FUN FACT: Linda Eder was raised in Brainerd, Minnesota and won the title of Miss Brainerd in 1981 and was 4th runner up to Miss Minnesota.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Scipioni who was named 1st Lakeville Princess! I met Liz during the Miss Twin Cities Pageant and she will do a wonderful job representing the city of Lakeville.

After the pageant was over, they set up a table for me to sign autographs and sell my candy bars for Children’s Miracle Network. Thank you to the Miss Lakeville committee for letting me be apart of such an incredible night!



July 9, 2009
I met up with Darren at the recording studio to start finalizing the song choices for my Children’s Miracle Network CD. I am excited to say that I will have two original songs on the CD, as well as one cover song. Today was a lot of production work: figuring out what key was best for my voice, and what I wanted to do with each song. I cannot believe that we will start recording next week! My parents have been video taping the entire process and here is a little clip! Think of it as a behind the scenes of Brooke’s Children’s Miracle Network CD. Stay tuned for more information on the release date ☺



This Friday I will be attending the Miss Northwest Pageant. I am looking forward to seeing the other girls from Miss Minnesota week. Then Saturday morning my mom and I are on the first flight to Boston for the Miss Massachusetts Pageant. It will be a fast turn around since I am flying back to Minnesota early Sunday morning to make it back in time to sing at the Twins Game that afternoon. Then that evening I will be making an appearance at Dakota Valley’s Pops Concert. It is going to be a crazy busy weekend!

Always, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com