Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Turkey Days

July 25th and 26th, 2009 - Miss Frazee Pageant

My Dad and I headed up north to Frazee to The Palace Café (owned by the Mayfield Family) to join the Judges dinner for the Miss Frazee pageant. Alyssa Mayfield was last year’s Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen and her family was so gracious to host us at their Café. It was fun seeing all the familiar faces including this year’s Outstanding Teen Katlyn Ziegler! We chatted about her preparations for Nationals in Orlando. I will be emceeing her sendoff party on August 5th at the Seasons Restaurant.

The Miss Frazee committee incorporated the Outstanding Teen program this year into their Pageant. They had 5 girls for the Teen division and 5 for the Miss. Before the show started all the girls were getting their hair done by a backstage helper, Carrie.



Over the last couple of months as Miss Twin Cities and now as Miss Minnesota I have worked really hard at learning to style my hair. My hair is good some days but like everyone else Miss Minnesota has bad hair days. Before being crowned my hair was either in a ponytail or fingered-through curly hair. I was so grateful when Carrie offered to do my hair! I love it when someone else is in charge of the hair!!!!

During the Frazee pageant I sang Somewhere over the Rainbow on the runway they had (just like the Miss America stage in Atlantic City!) Somewhere over the Rainbow had become the song that everyone wanted me to sing when I would go and perform, so it was fun to sing it that night for the Frazee audience. Congratulations to Tiffany Peterson, Miss Frazee and Elizabeth, Miss Frazee’s Outstanding Teen.



After the pageant was over they had a nice after party at their social hall. My dad and I made a quick appearance before we headed back to the hotel to crash. Out of all the local pageants my mom attends, I cannot believe she missed this one. The hotel we stayed at had a beach and a spa!!

The next morning, before the Frazee parade, my Dad and I had time for a nice workout and relax outside. All the Royalty met up before hand for a lunch.



I was ecstatic when I found out that I did not have to ride in the parade alone because Katlyn (Miss Outstanding Teen) and I were sharing the same car! The other exciting thing…. CANDY! I have done a couple parades as Miss Minnesota and I am always stuck behind the float where they throw TONS of candy. The kids are all excited and then when they see me they say, oh just another queen ☺ Well, not this parade!!




I was going to be the one everyone was excited for because I had tons of candy! Katlyn and I did get a little too happy about throwing the candy because we almost went through a whole bag on the first turn. Thankfully our driver, Randy was able to coach us through it.

The last thing to accomplish in Frazee was to take a picture with the World’s Largest Turkey. My dad and I snapped a few before departing. The entire Frazee community was so welcoming and accommodating, and I truly loved my stay.



July 27th, 2009
Meeting – Alice Seagren Commissioner of Education for the State of Minnesota



My platform is Music: The Building Blocks of Education, I asked my Dad if he was able to setup a meeting for me through his contacts with the Commissioner of Education. I wanted to present my platform to her and discuss how I could be an advocate to schools for music education. I was fortunate that Ms. Seagren was able to make time for me.

I presented to her information about my platform and what my plans were as Miss Minnesota. She provided me with some very valuable tools to further my platform. I am looking forward to meeting with her again to discuss more regarding Arts Education and how I can be an advocate for Music Education in Minnesota.


July 28th, 2009 – Hair Cut and Sponsor Thank you’s


I met with Rod at The Hair District to talk about my Miss America look. I still cannot believe that in 6 months I will be in Las Vegas for the Miss America Pageant. I know that Rod is going to make my hair look fabulous.

After receiving the royal treatment, Rod and I went around the block to thank the sponsors for the Miss Minnesota Program. During Miss Minnesota week, in our production outfit dresses, we traveled to all the sponsors and took photos. The state board decided to have Miss Minnesota hand deliver all the photos and thank you notes.

First stop: Max’s. During Miss Minnesota week we received chocolate at the store, we all loved it. Hey, it was a sponsor and we all had to eat it!



Next up: Laredo’s. I had an incredible salad there during Miss Minnesota week, and this is also where I had the conversation with Rylee in the sound proof bathrooms. ☺

Third stop: RejoovMe. I received gift certificates for floating sessions, what a wonderful way to relax before Miss America!

Next stop: Panera. I have to admit this is one of my favorite places to eat. They supplied a wonderful lunch for all the local titleholders during Miss Minnesota week and I love their incredible Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich, delicious.

Last visit: OPM. What a beautiful store, I will be able to shop for a cocktail dress which I plan to use at Miss America.


July 29th, 2009 – Finalizing the CD


Today was rather exciting since I was heading to Darren’s at Skyland Studios to pick up the master copy of the Children’s Miracle Network CD. Darren is the best. He knew that I had a tight deadline getting the CD to Vision Van Gogh to get the CD done on time so he stayed up until 4:30 am WORKING ON IT. (We just missed one another on ichat, since I was up at 5 AM for the gym!)



My mom, little brother and I headed to Darren’s to listen to the master copies of all the songs, and I will admit I was a little tear-eyed when he handed me the official copy. Darren and I spent very long days in his studio working on the CD, and I will miss our sessions. Now that the CD was in my hands, we headed to Coon Rapids to drop it off at Vision Van Gogh. They are putting everything together, the artwork, music, and packaging. Next time I see the CD it will be all complete and ready for sale.

Always,
Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com