Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Did You Come From Disney Land?

August 2nd, 2009 - Miss Thief River Falls

I cannot believe that it is already August! This summer is just flying by. I was invited to the Miss Thief River Falls pageant, a new local this year, as they were celebrating 60 years of their program. You are probably asking yourself how a local can be new and celebrating 60 years. The last Miss Thief River Falls was crowned in 2004, and they have not had a pageant since. With the help of Olive Goldesberry and her committee the program was bought back to give another girl an opportunity to experience Miss Minnesota.



My dad and I embarked on our five and a half hour drive that morning and made it just in time for the pageant. I meet the 5 amazing contestants but also the reigning Miss Thief River Falls Sarah (Zak) Mickelson. Lucky girl, she was able to keep her title for almost five years! I loved how she came back and even did her talent during the show!

Congratulations to the new Miss Thief River Falls Kaitlyn Maurstad!

August 4th, 2009 Gillette Fireman’s Carnival and National Night Out




This was the 50th year of the Fireman’s Carnival! It was wonderful to see all the firefighters helping out at this event, and the Gillette Volunteers who donate their time. There were games, prizes, face painting, a petting zoo and ponies for the children at Gillette’s to enjoy.



My favorite part was the Therapy dog, Sasha, was pulling kids around in a wagon. She even gave me a ride, and it was a mini parade during the carnival! The face-painting booth was a crowd favorite. All the girls had these beautiful butterflies painted on, if I didn’t have an appearance that evening I would have gotten one!









Since I volunteer at Gillette’s every week I saw a lot of volunteers and families that I work with. Most of them did not recognize me since I was actually wearing makeup, and had a crown and sash on. Maybe now they will let me wear my crown every week ☺




National Night Out




I was invited to Crossroads at Penn for their huge celebration. They had me sing, sign autographs, and take pictures. My favorite quote from the evening: “So if you are a real princess, did you come from Disney land?” I think the little boy was a bit disappointed when he found out I was just from Eagan, Minnesota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com