Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Monday, May 31, 2010

Free Time? Nah.... I'm Miss Minnesota!

Two weeks and counting until Miss Minnesota week starts, and we will crown a new Miss Minnesota 2010. As I try to squeeze the last few appearances in the time I have left, I am also writing my farewell, and preparing for my life after Miss Minnesota. The day after I give up my title as Miss Minnesota, I am right back into my show at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, which will continue until July 31st. Then I will have a few weeks off, until I start school back up. I am looking forward to being a constant resource for the new Miss Minnesota, and continue advocating for Children’s Miracle Network.

The last few weeks have been quite busy, as most of my weeks are. With performances every night other then Monday, and Miss Minnesota appearances during the day.... Memorial Day was the perfect day to relax and spend some quality time with my family.

On May 14 at the Eagan Walmart we celebrated our new Children’s Miracle Network Champion, Bella Giraldo. I met Bella and her family at the Mall of America CD Release Party, and was excited to be apart of this special day for her. The theme of Bella’s Party was Princess, and I wanted her to feel like a true princess. With the help of my seamstress Chrissy Stoner, and Sundantz Creations we created Bella her own sash!

At the event I met up with Vicki Kueppers and her daughter Kathryn who set up the sound system. Then I chatted with the crew from Gillette, and the rest of the guests. It was wonderful to hear Bella’s mom, Rebecca, talk about how grateful she is of Gillette Children’s, and to see Bella’s face when I gave her the sash, and her own crown! I, of course, did not forget about her little sister Grace, as I crowned her as well! Then I performed the song “Part of Your World” from Bella’s favorite Disney movie, The Little Mermaid. If you are attending Miss Minnesota this year, you will have the opportunity to meet Bella and her family!

I am also spending a few of my mornings at Gillette Children’s volunteering with their patients. The hospital has been doing some remodeling, and it looks beautiful! I am excited for their new edition to open next fall. Also with being apart of the cast of Footloose, I was able to do a volunteer opportunity with my entire cast. We went to Feed My Starving Children in Chanhassen, where we were able to hand-pack meals specially for starving children. Since we needed to have 50 people volunteer I called on the help from some of the Miss Minnesota contestants. Miss Twin Cities, Kathryn, Miss Moorhead, Bethany, and Miss Mankato, Samantha were able to help out. We ended of packing 62 boxes, that's about 13,392 meals! It was such an incredible day! This year Miss Minnesota has welcomed a new sponsor, Coco and Chloe. They wanted to put on a fashion show with Miss Minnesota and the contestants. They were very accommodating of my schedule, and booked a day I had off from my show. Last Monday, at Majors in Bloomington they held a fashion show and a fundraiser for Children’s Miracle Network. I sang my song “Don’t You Dare” and then quickly jumped into the fashion show!

I look forward to seeing everyone at Miss Minnesota this year! I better get back to working on my farewell, and finding my songs to sing for the preliminary nights! Oh, and my 8 show week ☺
Always,
Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com