Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I feel like a Millionaire!

I cannot believe that it is already December. As I sit on my workout ball, sipping green tea, and gearing up to watch Amazing Race (go Erika Dunlap former Miss America!) I realize the past two weeks have just flown by.

Let me take you back to last Friday when I visited Miss Minnesota’s sponsor Cos Bar. They had a special guest, Claudio, who was in for the day, demonstrating his brush line. I was his model for the day and he tried out lots of new makeup and brushes on me. I wish I could take him to Miss America to do my makeup. But I think he said something about an appearance on Martha Stewart!

Early the next morning I was up at 5 AM for my Kare 11 interview with Eric Perkins. On the show that day was Princess Kay of the Milky Way, Elizabeth Olson. She was crowned during the Minnesota State Fair, and her head was carved in a block of butter, during the fair. Elizabeth told me that her sister had won the title a few years back which means they have two heads of butter! You wonder where they keep them…


I had a blast interviewing with Eric Perkins. He is funny in person just like he is on TV. We talked about my CD and I was able to sing my song Don’t You Dare to promote the Mall of America fundraiser. In case you missed it here is the clip!





http://www.kare11.com/news/local/mornings/saturday/saturday_article.aspx?storyid=829375


That evening I was back to Cos Bar to meet up with the owner for the 50th and France Tree Lighting. I was invited to sing a few Christmas songs during the ceremony. I can tell Winter is here since I could not feel my toes, fingers, and nose after this appearance! Special Shout Out to Ally, Emily and Maddy!!



Sunday,the day of the Mall of America CD Release Party was finally here. A lot of planning and work went into this event and I am so thankful to everyone who volunteered, and came out to support the cause. During one of my songs, I looked up and saw the 4 floors of the mall filled with people looking down and watching the show. My favorite moment of the day was presenting the huge check to Brandon Wittrock (he is our Children’s Miracle Network champion from Minnesota.) While holding the check I asked Brandon how he felt? He said with a huge smile “I have never held this much money in my life, I feel like a millionaire!”

















After a few days of sleep, it was back to Gillette to volunteer and meet with the Friends of Gillette, to review my job for the benefit the next day.

Thursday evening at the St. Paul Hotel the Friends of Gillette held a benefit honoring Barbara Nicholson. Barbara started the Friends of Gillette Foundation 25 years ago when her daughter Britta was a patient at Gillette. They have raised 3 million dollars for Gillette. I was the emcee for the evening and was asked to sing a song that was written for Barbara to “Matchmaker, Matchmaker” about Barbara. When I met with the pianist that day, she asked me if I had ever heard of this song before. I told her no, and she explained how it was from the musical Fiddler on the Roof. She then asked me where I went to school… I could not help but laugh when I said, The Boston Conservatory… for musical theatre ☺

Friday I visited the middle school I attended, Falcon Ridge for a school presentation. It really hit me that I was old when I walked through the front doors. It was a joy getting to see my teachers again, including my math teacher Ms. Hoffman and communications teacher Ms. Ruder. During my speech to the kids about goal setting, and achieving their dreams I secretly wanted to impress her. I hope I improved from my baking speech I did in 7th grade!

Saturday was Bell Ringing at Mall of America and then off to support Miss White Bear Lake’s Kids with Cancer Carnival.

I have one more piece of paper work due to Miss America this week and then everything is done!!!!!! On Thursday I will have a conference call with Katie Stam Miss America and Miss North Carolina Katherine Southard to flip a coin to see which one of us will have our own room in Las Vegas. Miss North Carolina and I both sold five ads for the program book so heads or tails will decided it.

My Mom and I have been shopping for this year’s Christmas PJ's, if you have been reading my blog since I was Miss Twin Cities you know that each year my Mom has given our family Christmas PJ’s. Because I am home this year I have been able to help her with this tradition. This is a very difficult task. Trying to find PJ’s that will fit all of us and match is tough. I like the one piece footed PJ's at Target but my Mom is hoping to see those go on sale before she will buy them. We are still looking.

Stay Tuned!
Always
Brooke

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooke-
I absolutely LOVE your hair! It was great longer and curly but the shorter and straight is SO flattering on you, not to mention very trendy. We are all so proud of your amazing accomplishments. I truly feel that you have put the Miss Minnesota Organization back on the map and cannot wait to see you throughout the rest of your reign. I feel so honored to have you as our state representative! Good luck at Miss America!

December 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger pageantplanet said...

And being a state titleholder is a million dollar opportunity! I we at thepageantplanet.com wish you crazy success this January! And continued wishes on your CD sells! :)

December 10, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com