Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On a plane...tomorrow!

Here is a quick update of what I have been doing lately, other then spending hours at the gym, finalizing wardrobe, and finally finding the perfect way to tan!

Last Friday I visited the WCCO’s Let’s Kick Hunger Day Radiothon. I was able to do a quick interview on the radio, sharing all the details about the Miss America Pageant. In one day WCCO Radio raised $190,000 to benefit Taste of the NFL and Second Harvest Heartland. Congratulations! If I have the incredible opportunity to become Miss America, I will be working with the Taste of the NFL the following week during Super bowl! Fingers crossed ☺

Saturday was my send off party to Miss America. Huge thank you to Augustana Church in St. Paul for letting us host the event in their venue!

We were planning to visit Gillette Children’s Hospital before my send off, but unfortunately the volunteer we were working with became ill. Instead I spent 2 hours bonding with all the local titleholders competing for Miss Minnesota ☺ it was fun to get to know them, and answer any questions they had about competing, my Miss America preparation or my year in general.

Before the meeting ended I was whisked away to speak to the local directors for a moment, and then off to get ready for my send off presentation. Since my opening number dress and swimsuit were still not here it was a short and sweet show. I was able to show a couple of the outfits I will be wearing while out in Las Vegas. I also performed my talent, and ended my send off with one of my favorite songs, “On My Own.”

It was so wonderful seeing everyone who came out to support me. Whether you are coming out to Las Vegas, or throwing your own Miss America party, I am so thankful to have you cheering me on! (If you are having a Miss America party I would love for you to send me photos!)

The rest of the time has been filled with wardrobe fittings, shopping trips, workouts, tanning sessions, and mock interviews.

I also had an appearance on 107.1 Living Life Out Loud with Lori and Julia. They are so much fun, and this was my second time on their show, the first time was at the State Fair. I am looking forward to battling it out on the dance floor with Julia for Twin Cities Dancing with the Stars, which will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. More details to come after Miss America!

Always,
Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com