Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Saturday, June 19, 2010

For the last time...

This is my last blog as Miss Minnesota 2009. This entire year has been such a blessing and I want to thank everyone who supported me.

The past two nights have been quite the rush. On Thursday we had our first Preliminary Competition where I performed one of my favorite songs: “Over the Rainbow” At the end of the night we announced two very special awards. Congratulations to Molly Jewison, our Miss America Academic Award Winner and Tiffany Schultsted-Peterson, our Miss America Community Service Award Winner.

Friday was our annual Golf tournament and then another night of preliminary competition. This night I performed the song “Let it Be” while accompanying myself on the piano. It was such an amazing experience to play and sing (my first time ever in public!) on the Miss Minnesota stage. At the end of the evening we announced our preliminary winners. Congratulations to Kathryn Knuttila, Quality of Life Award Winner, Lexy Okeson, our Swimsuit Prelim Winner and Siri Freeh, our Talent Prelim Winner.

Tonight someone’s life is going to change forever. I am so honored to be apart of the new Miss Minnesota’s journey, and to be a constant resource throughout her year.

I have a little over 12 hours left as Miss Minnesota, and I am so grateful for my entire year. Every moment created, every word spoken, and every person I met I will remember. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my year.

This is not the end… instead this is only the beginning. This is the springboard to the rest of my career as a performer, and just the start of my work with Children’s Miracle Network. You will see more of me, I promise ☺

Always,
Brooke

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for representing us as Miss Minnesota. It has been a busy year for you and yes, this is the beginning of something new and great!

June 19, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com