Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Friday, June 18, 2010

My Outstanding Teen

Wednesday night was the Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen Pageant, where we had to say goodbye to my good friend and sister Katlyn Ziegler. I want to dedicate this blog to Katlyn, for all the amazing times we had this year during our reign.

The Thursday before Miss Minnesota last year, I went with 16 other contestants to watch the new Miss Minnesota’s Outstanding Teen be crowned. As soon as Katlyn was announced the winner I only hoped that I would be the one to spend the year next to her. Luckily I was.

I could not have asked for a better sister queen to spend my year with. Every appearance together I spent most of the time either smiling or laughing. Especially when we sat side by side in the Frazee Turkey Days Parade throwing candy, and one guy decided to challenge us and throw candy back. It nailed me right in the head.



Cheering Katlyn on at the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Pageant was another incredible part of our year. The Minnesota cheering section was not only the loudest but the most visible with our neon yellow t-shirts! I still have mine and wear it more then you think ☺ Katlyn did an incredible job representing Minnesota at the teen pageant. She walked with such confidence, and played just beautifully. I could not help but tell everyone around me that she was my outstanding teen.


Since the summer I have had the opportunity to spend almost every weekend with Katlyn. Whether it was at a local pageant, collecting donations at the Mall of America, or riding in parades we were together. I really enjoyed the days when I was able to convince Katlyn’s mom, Roberta, to let Kate take the morning off from school to do an appearance with me. Who needs morning class when you can have pancakes at IHOP?

I have never had a sister, even though I still ask my parents every day for one, Katlyn filled that position this year. And I know she will continue to be in that role. For those who have met her, you know what I mean when I say Katlyn is someone you will never forget. She has already done so many amazing things at such a young age. I cannot wait to see what she continues to accomplish.

Thank you Katlyn for making my year so much fun, and thank you for becoming apart of my life. I look forward to the many more memories we will continue to create in the future. You have definitely made an impact on me.

Congratulations to the new Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen Katarina Akridge!

Always
Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com