Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Friday, August 7, 2009

Orlando - Here She Comes!

August 5th, 2009 - Outstanding Teen Send off Party

Last night was Katlyn, Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen's send off
party. I was asked to emcee the event, at the Seasons restaurant. Katlyn’s family and Directors did a great job putting this event together. They even had the Mayor of Coon Rapids there to greet me!



Before the program started we enjoyed a social hour during which I was able to visit with some familiar faces, including my local director Kathy Shellum! She shared with me her ideas and plans for this Miss Twin Cities Pageant for this year. (This is the local I won to head to Miss Minnesota.)


I have emceed the Miss Eagan Ambassador Program for the past six
years, and some other local charity events so I know the most important thing about emceeing is to be prepared to fill. You can never have too much filler!! Good thing I have stories in my back pocket to tell especially when I noticed that it was taking Katlyn about 5 minutes to change, which is quite impressive while putting on a fully beaded evening gown!!









While preparing for this evening I was brushing up on Katlyn's paperwork. I had no idea she was such a talented bowler! During the event I brought her older brother up to talk to him and question him about his bowling skills. I am sure he was not expecting to be call up to speak, but I know my brother is always there for me at these pageant things and I wanted to give him his 15 minutes of fame. Now he can go back and tell his friends he had a conversation with Miss Minnesota about bowling scores. I hope he doesn’t share my score with anyone! After seeing all of Katlyn's wardrobe and her incredible talent I have no doubt in my mind that she will represent Minnesota well at nationals!

I have a busy weekend before Florida. I will be performing at the
Irish Fest on Friday evening and then running the Celts 5k on Saturday
morning (without the crown and sash!) Saturday evening is the Miss
Waseca/South Central Pageant. Sunday morning I'm back to the Irish
fest for their mass and the Sunday night I will sing the National Anthem
for the Minnesota Lynx Game.

Always,
Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com