Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just missed Regis Philbin!!

September 14, 2009 – National Anthem Project

The National Association for Music Education launched the National Anthem Project in 2005. The purpose of the National Anthem Project is to encourage the singing of the “Star Spangled Banner,” especially in our public schools. There are only three schools in the state of Minnesota that participate in this and I took part in the celebration at Chippewa Middle School. That morning over 100 students from Chippewa Middle School carried out their violins, cellos, and violas to perform. They were joined by the 7th and 8th grade choirs. It was so incredible seeing all of the students come together to perform our National Anthem!

I met the choir teacher, Ms. Hershey and she recognized my chaperone Vicki Kueppers, former Miss Minnesota. Turns out that she was Vicki’s first runner up during their pageant years! I love how small the world can be sometimes!

The students had posted pictures all over the school about my appearance. It looked like I was running for class president with all the flyers and pictures of me in the halls!



I was able to speak with Ms. Hershey’s choir class about my experience as Miss Minnesota, and American Idol. I enjoyed performing for them, and answering any questions they had. Thank you to Chippewa Middle School for inviting me to their event.

Twin Cities Live
I had just enough time to run home before I was off to film for Twin Cities Live. I was going to be a model in their fashion segment on fall boots.

Earlier that morning my mom informed me that Regis was going to be on the show! I am a fan of “Live with Regis and Kelly” and watch it during my daily workouts on the treadmill. It was my goal to get a picture with Regis and to discuss football!


I met up with the rest of the models about an hour before the show. As we were getting dressed I was hoping I would hear more details about Regis. All the models had a “twin,” who would be wearing the same outfit but just different boots. One pair of boots was the splurge $$$$$ and the other was the bargain. Before we filmed we were asked to take photos together with our twins, and do a run through. This was my perfect opportunity to get more details about Regis. One of the assistants informed me after I asked “What time will Regis be on set?” that he was there a few days earlier and pre-recorded the interview. I had hoped to meet him and discuss Notre Dame Football with him since my dad and I are fans. My dad usually gets tickets every year for a game; although I always seem to have a school conflict on that particular game day!

September 16, 2009 – Showcase Minnesota
I was featured on the Community Cares segment on Showcase Minnesota on Kare 11 and did an interview with Corbin Seitz. I promoted the ideals of the Miss Minnesota Program and my CD, Carry You Through; here is a link to the interview if you missed it!

http://www.showcaseminnesota.com/show/client_article.aspx?storyid=824537

September 20, 2009 – Lakeville Arts Festival
I performed at the Lakeville Arts Festival on their Show-mobile on Sunday morning. It was very early and the event was just getting going, but I saw a familiar face in the crowd, Margo Danner a volunteer with the Eagan Funfest that I worked with for several years during the Eagan’s July Fourth Festival. I spent 11 AM to 12 Noon performing, signing autograph cards, and selling CD’s.

I do have to confess that the Lakeville Theater was the first time I was kissed on stage and first time I was kissed ever. I was playing Sleeping Beauty and I think about 11 years old at the time. I remember the first time in rehearsal when I found out that there was a kiss involved and I was afraid to tell my parents thinking they might not want me to do the show. So after a family discussion it was decided that this was “theater” and that I could decide, if I was OK with it, then it was up to me. So the rehearsal day finally came! The kiss needed to happen, and of course the boy I was kissing was cute and his father was also in the show playing the king. Everyone was there waiting for this big moment. The funny thing is after it was over I remember thinking “dry lips”, so there you have it my big first kiss.

Twin Cities Orientation
I cannot believe that one year ago I was preparing for the Miss Twin Cities Pageant. Now I am getting ready to hand over my title to a new young woman who will embark on a year of opportunities. I had so much fun seeing Kathy, Judy, and Miss Capital City, Sara. In the midst of the orientation we had fun catching up. I am very excited for this years pageant, the theme is 80’s! The opening number will be to Uptown Girls and guess who is choreographing the dance….. ME! Now, I have made up the dance for the Miss Eagan Pageant for the past few years, so I will just whip out my Hannah Montana moves and we will have an opening dance in no time. Don’t worry girls we will have a lot of step touches, my all time favorite dance move!!!


September 21, 2009 – Ivey Awards

I have never walked the Red Carpet, so when I arrived at the State Theater for the Ivey Awards I was excited to have the chance to be a part of this event to honor the best theater in Minnesota. On the Red carpet I was interviewed about what I was wearing. I had on my Black BCBG short cocktail dress with BCBG black heels and a handcrafted beaded purse. Just getting practice for the Oscars ☺


Always,
Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com