Home Meet Miss MN 2008 Pageant Compete Local Pageants Formers Sponsors Contact

Monday, November 2, 2009

Dancing is not my forte

October 17, 2009 – Shop for a Cause
I was invited to Macy’s to participate in their Shop for a Cause. I met up with my business manager, Barb, and state director, David, to set up for the event. I had a stage right in the middle of Macys! I performed during the day, and also sold my CD, Carry You Through. Miss Minnesota’s Outstanding Teen Katlyn Ziegler also joined me for the event. Katlyn and I received a wonderful gift bag full of samples!! A huge thank you to the staff at Macy’s in Ridgedale and DJ Bob for helping with the sound!

October 19, 2009 - Jewelry Sponsors
Thank you to Tesa Jewelers for lending me jewelry to wear at some of my appearances. Tesa Jewelers is a new sponsor for the Miss Minnesota Organization.

Rejuv Open House
The Rejuv Clinic in Eagan has also become a new sponsor for the Miss Minnesota Program. I attended the Rejuv Open House to discuss the services they are offering to me.

One of the owners is my spin teacher at my fitness club. I enjoy sharing my experience as Miss Minnesota during our workouts. I love going to this spin class because it is like a club. Every Monday and Wednesday at 6:30 AM I see the same familiar faces. We like to call ourselves, the Sassy Cyclers.

Check out their website: http://www.rejuvskinandlaser.com/

October 20, 2009 – Perpich Center for Arts Education
I visited the Perpich Center for the arts which consist of a public arts high school for 11 and 12 grades as well as an Arts Library and a Developmental and Research Center for arts education. I was given a tour of the facilities by Pam and Nyssa, when we went into the high school I was elated when I saw all the beautiful artwork that covered the walls.

During the tour we walked through a few classrooms, and I was able to talk with the students. This school showcases my platform that arts education enhances learning in all other subjects.

Click here to read more about the students at PCAE: http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/64521947.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUvDE7aL_V_BD77:DiiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU


October 21, 2009 – Gillette Volunteering
There are some very exciting things going on at Gillette Children’s Hospital in St. Paul, MN! The hospital is planning a $42 million expansion project in early November! They are already in the middle of renovating the waiting area where I do crafts! Every week I enter the building I have to find a new way to get to my volunteer area because of construction in the hospital. The project will include a new 52,000-square-foot building, with a skyway connecting it to the current building. It also will house several outpatient services, including rehabilitation therapies and Gillette's Center for Gait and Motion Analysis.

This week the craft theme was the “Fall Season”. I met a wonderful family with a daughter named Isabella. They stayed the entire time I was there, and did every craft in my box! That included two bookmarks, a frame, two leave crafts, and a coloring page! It was a fun day at Gillette’s.


October 24, 2009 – Make a Difference Day


Since 1997, Miss America Organization has taken part in Make a Difference Day. This year I partnered with Cheerful Givers to stuff birthday gift bags for needy kids. My mom and I headed over to Thomson Reuters and where we would be volunteering. My mom was put right to work cutting ribbons needed for the bags. I met with all the kids who were attending with their mentors from Kids ‘n Kinship who were invited to take part in Make a Difference Day. The saying for the day was “kids helping kids.” During the event we had an assembly line to fill the bags with goodies such as books, toys, stuffed animals and candy. For every one bag I filled, the kids will fill about 10 more than me. I think it’s because I chat too much. Oh and I had on 4 inch heels and they were wearing sneakers! It was such a fun day and we stuffed 500 bags for Cheerful Givers.



Miss Twin Cities Pageant
We had 11 women vying for the title of Miss Twin Cities and Miss Capital City. The pageant started out with the opening number dance to Uptown Girls. I spent Tuesday through Friday with the girls, rehearsing this number that I choreographed. Those of you who know me, know that dancing is not my forte, but I think it turned out just fine!

Before intermission I talked to the audience about Children’s Miracle Network and the CD I recorded. I was so excited to announce that I had hit the $7500 mark in fundraising for CMN. I talked about my experience with Gillette Children’s Hospital. I am so moved by the kids I meet every week while volunteering at Gillette’s. Right after my speech I started to sing the original song, “Don’t You Dare.” As I was singing I started to really think about the words and meaning of the song. I could feel myself choking up and becoming emotional. If you are a singer, you know that once you become emotional while singing, it is quite hard to get the words out. (Especially if you are belting!)


In the second half of the show the former Miss Minnesota’s and Miss Twin Cities’ were invited on stage. Instead of asking them the typical: Name, title and what have you been up to since you gave up your title. I surprised them by asking “If you were to compete in the pageant today, would be the one competition you would be the most excited about?” They all had great answers but the most creative was when one of the former’s said their talent would be a kick butt PowerPoint presentation.

Congratulations to Kaylah Dockter the new Miss Capital City, and Kathryn Knuttila, the new Miss Twin Cities! They have a fun year ahead of them!

November is going to be a busy month! I have some very exciting things coming up! I will be singing the National Anthem at the Minnesota Vikings Game, and at the U of M Gophers Game. My CD Release Party is November 29 at the Mall of America in the Best Buy Rotunda from 1-3 PM.

Carry You Through is now online where you can download it to your iTunes! Visit this link to download your copy today! Proceeds still go towards Children Miracles Network

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/BrookeKellyKilgarriff

Also if you have not seen my Go Green Video here is the link. During MAOT in Orlando all the titleholders recorded with Green T and shared our Go Green tips. Vote for Minnesota!

http://www.greentwithtamara.com/pg_contest.php

Thank you for all of your support!

Always

Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All site content © Miss Minnesota Organization - Questions? Contact Webmaster at missmnweb@gmail.com